Friday, July 10, 2009

THE ALL-PURPOSE-ALL-POWERFUL TOOL
By: Krinda Joy Carlson
Intern, Ceitci Demirkova Ministries


David was given a sling. Ester was given a crown. Sampson was granted amazing strength. Moses was given a rod, oh, and another voice, via Aaron. Solomon was granted the greatest wisdom known to mankind. Joseph was given dreams, to interpret and to encourage. All these important figures of the Bible were given something, a tool of sorts, to do what was needed and accomplish their mission. What was I given?

Sometimes I feel as if God’s sent me to a massive construction site to work, but forgot to give me the tools. I don’t have superhuman strength, I don’t hold a rod that parts obstacles, I don’t even own a backhoe! Yet, I look around and see the need – there are things that need to be built, cracks and divots that require covering, foundations need mapping. In fact, I can’t escape this need because no matter where I go I encounter construction zones; they are all around me, living, moving, breathing…they’re called people.
Many are experiencing their foundations shifting.
Some have holes so big through their hearts that they have no protection from storms. Most are crumbling.
And I look down at my balled fists…they seem so empty. I see the job that needs doing, but feel so ill-equipped. God, give me some nails, some glue – anything! Where is my tool!?
Wait! Suddenly it’s as if I’ve been hoisted by a crane and am dangling above the scene observing...me! I see my own body below, glancing all around, desperately, for something to help the tumbling and cracking people. Then, my vision transcends the external; I see within the frame of Krinda below. I see my tool! All along it’s been sitting inside of me.
Waiting.
Waiting for me to let it out of its box and get to work.
I’m in shock. It is more accurate than David’s sling, more impacting than Joseph’s dreams, demands more authority than Ester’s crown, and is the ultimate all-purpose-all-powerful tool. Its logo is a flame. Its name is the Holy Spirit. God points down to my body below and says, “[Krinda], the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you (Romans 8:11).” With this statement, I realize that I’ve been given the same tool that Jesus Christ used while on earth! I have what is required to help repair the broken and build back up the sick. All I need to do the work is allow the Holy Spirit out of the box, and let Him work THROUGH me! At this revelation, I’m instantly back in my Krinda-frame looking at a project right in front of me. She’s pretty beat up: ripped heart, broken dreams, cracking hope. But now I know where my tool is to start construction and accomplish the mission.

Guess what! I’m not the only one with this tool – chances are high that you have it too. And if you don’t, it’s a gift promised to you by God Himself (Acts 1:4-5). You see, if you’ve asked Jesus into your heart, the Holy Spirit comes and lives inside of you. All that needs to be done is for you to let the Holy Spirit outside of the box and let Him flow through you. When this happens, the Holy Spirit also often uses your hands, your feet, and your body to accomplish the work. You never have to look at a need and feel empty, ill-equipped, and useless again. Whatever construction-site and mission God’s called you to, know that you have THE all-purpose-all-powerful tool inside of you!

Let’s allow the Holy Spirit within us to work…let’s light the flame!

No comments:

Post a Comment